Hello, Man Crush Monday!!!! Ok but really I’m here to post about my yummy recipe! I distract easily! Okay….
Just a heads up, this is not on the “healthier side” of cooking!
Hamburger Pie is one of the easiest, yummiest recipes to make! My family is not big on casseroles but they’ll eat this baked dish. I like using tomato soup instead of tomato sauce because it gives it more flavor! And I think it compliments the deer meat. You can also use a dash of chicken broth instead of bouillon. I’m just in the business of saving money right now so this is super inexpensive! I have a family of 6 so that’s why we use the family sized green beans too! And instead of spreading it out into a longer pan we just jam pack it all into a 9×9 inch pan! Here’s this super simple recipe!
Best Deer Burger Hamburger Pie!!!!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: This feeds our family of 6. Some had seconds! Just cut into smaller squares if you need more servings.
- 1 lb Deer Burger
- 1 Can Tomato Soup
- 2 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- Dash of Salt
- Lawry’s Seasoning Salt (My husband cannot cook without this) You’ll need enough to sprinkle on meat and add a ton to potatoes!
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper (add more if needed)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (add more if needed)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut
- Heavy Whipping Cream – just a splash
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- 1 Family sized can of green beans
- Peel and cut up your potatoes. Cutting them up helps it to cook faster.
- Boil in a large pot and toss in your dash of salt.
- While you’re waiting for water to boil, grate your “One Ton Load” of cheese. More is better! You can never have too much cheese, according to my husband! (or butter)
- Brown your hamburger on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Sprinkle all over with garlic powder, Lawry’s and pepper. If you’re using game meat, toss in a bit of cooking oil. I prefer olive oil. Game meat is extremely lean and this just helps add in a bit of moisture and fat. Yes, I said to add FAT!!!
- Once meat is browned, add can of tomato soup and 2 tsp chicken bouillon.
- Stir all together and let simmer on low while you wait for potatoes to finish cooking.
- Drain your potatoes once they’re tender and prep them to mash. We just place back into large pot we cooked them in to save on dishes. Like I said, I keep it simple!
- This is where my hubby comes in because he is the master at mashed potatoes! He adds just a dash of heavy whipping cream, about one tsp of Lawry’s and half a stick of butter. Using a hand masher, mash until smooth. (He doesn’t measure anything! Ever! I try to measure every once in awhile so I can relay my recipes! But this is totally a toss in and taste sort of thing!)
- Using any sized baking dish you like, start layering your pie. I prefer my 9×9 pan. Spray pan with some cooking spray and first lay down your cooked hamburger. Then layer on your green beans. Smash down all your potatoes on top until it’s jam-packed like a sausage! And add your “One Ton load” of cheese on top!
- Bake in oven until beans are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cut into nine squares or more depending on your serving sizes you’d like.
And Voila! You’re done and ready for dessert!!! Hope you enjoyed this super simple recipe! Thanks for reading! Have a fantastic perfectly imperfect day!