Taco Tuesday With a Twist
My family, especially my boys, loves taco Tuesday! I however, needed a break! And since I’m on a soup kick right now I made a super tasty taco soup instead! My husband suggested a “copy cat” of a restaurant’s soup nearby. I did my best to create it and I’ve never even eaten it before! He said it definitely needs to be on the Top Favorites List! So, I take that as a huge victory! Here’s what I did…
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 bundle of fresh cilantro
- 1 can of rotel tomatoes
- 2 Cups of chicken broth (2 tsp bouillon + 2 Cups water)
- 3 fresh squeezed limes
- 1 packet of Taco Bell taco seasoning
- 1 Cup of rice
- Cheese is pictured but we never ended up adding it on top because it definitely did not need it!
- In an Instant Pot, add frozen chicken breasts, rotel tomatoes, taco seasoning and chicken broth (2 tsp bouillon + 2 Cups water)
- Seal Instant Pot and cook on “chicken” setting.
- On the stove, cook rice as directed on package.
- Once chicken is done, remove from pot and in a large bowl shred your chicken.
- Put chicken back into pot and add in fresh squeezed lime juice and cilantro.
- Take cooked rice off the stove and add to the soup. Stir it all together and you’re done!
These On The Boarder Cafe Style chips are some of my favorite tortilla chips and they went perfectly with this soup! Boys love having something to dip into their soup and scoop it up! We didn’t end up using the cheese but I’m glad we didn’t. I think it could have easily ruined it the flavor of the fresh lime! Next time we’re going to try this recipe with shrimp! Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by and until the next post have a fantastic perfectly imperfect day!