Tis the season for soups!
I have at least two soups on the dinner menu this week! I absolutely love this time of year! Not only are soups some of my favorites to eat but they are so easy to make! And if you’ve read any of my other recipes you’ll start to see a trend….SUPER SIMPLE, QUICK & EASY!
Something else you might notice is I use mainly game meat. However, you can use any sort of meat and it’ll turn out fine. I’ve just become very fond of deer and elk! I start bugging my husband to start harvesting if we run low! Funny to think back to when I hated hunting season! So if you want to see how I make this delicious soup read on!
- 1 pound spicy deer sausage
- 6 Medium Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/4 Cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper (My husband and I add more to our soup since boys don’t like a lot)
- 1 & 1/2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups shredded cheese
- Chop your carrots, onion and celery.
- Brown sausage in a large pot.
- Place sausage to the side and continue using the same pot.
- In the same large pot used for sausage, add in all your vegetables, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, until all veggies are tender.
- Add in your milk, cheese and sausage.
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
You have yourself a delicious hearty soup! This fed my family of 6 with multiple refills. Plus I have some left over for lunch! Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more hearty easy winter recipes! And have a fantastic imperfectly perfect day!